Just had to share a website we're loving right now. www.storynory.com They have recorded fairytales and other stories for the kiddos. My girls will gladly sit for 20 minutes for a story- and listening without having pictures is very good for children. Normally after the story is over we discuss but sometimes we don't. We listen at least once a day (sometimes during breakfast or sometimes during chores) at a time where I can't read aloud because I'm busy as well.
There is also http://librivox.org/. It has some my children enjoy but also some for adults.
Both of these websites allow download on your computer (or to your Ipod or the like).
Take a break and relax while listening to a good story. Enjoy!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cortney,
Thanks for sharing! It is a great idea! I think the kids will enjoy it, especially over the summer.
We LOVE storynory! I play them in the car and it always makes for a peaceful, quiet ride.
Post a Comment