Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Earth Day! (yesterday)

To celebrate Earth Day we went the entire day without electricity. (no TV, no computer, no lights, no washing machine and no dishwasher) We did, however, use the fridge and the running water.

Here is a picture of Rae washing dishes by hand.
And here is Jack helping Raelyn.
We washed a load of clothes in the bathtub - here is the load 'agitating'.
And this is during the 'rinse cycle'.


For dinner we cooked over a fire. Everyone made their own tinfoil dinner.

4 comments:

Mommydew said...

What an awesome idea!

Danielle said...

I love finding reasons to party! Now I have a new holiday we can celebrate next year. (and learn something at the same time). I love the ideas! My kids are little enough, we could do it next week and they wouldn't know the difference! Thanks!

Julianne said...

Hello, Supermom!!! I'm so impressed! What a fun and great idea... I love that you are making memories with your kids!

thehiattfamily said...

What a terrific idea! You are so good.
I have loved rediscovering the Long family through your blog. Yeah for blogs.
I cannot believe I have not even met your youngest two children. They are beautiful. By the way.