Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Disneyworld: Our rental house

Like I said in my last post- I researched all the options. Onsite resorts, off-site hotels, off-site house & condo rentals.

We decided on an off-site house rental for a multitude of reasons. A major factor was the space. We had SO much space. We even had one bedroom that we didn't even use. The garage was turned into a playroom and each bedroom had its own bath. There was a kitchen as well as a washer/dryer AND we had a heated pool with hot tub in the back (that had a great safety fence around it!) Josh and I wanted to enjoy our trip once the kids were asleep and not just have to go to bed at 8pm with them because there was no where else to go/nothing else to do. We ended up watching lots of TV after they were asleep (cable), getting on the internet (wireless internet) , getting in the hot tub and eating!!!!

Once we decided on renting a house and I knew in which area we wanted to be I used VRBO.com to find the house that we wanted. There are so many options- we technically could've stayed in a condo and there were houses that were even cheaper than the one we were in, but the place we stayed had such great review and looked so nice.

Your Disney House was what we ended up choosing.
This house was every bit of what the website describes and shows, plus more!

So much space for our family and such nice amenities. The kitchen was stocked with every appliance/baking dish/etc you could possibly need (even had a panini press!) and the owners were so nice! (we communicated via e-mail and telephone leading up/after the trip) You do have to supply your own detergents, trash bags, etc. They stock the house with TP and paper towels and if you run out you supply your own (but we didn't run out).

They use a managements company in FL so if you have a problem you just call them (we didn't have any issues!) The home is in the Windsor Hills gated community. It's only 5 minutes from the Disney parks, 5 minutes from Super Target (where I went to get groceries) and less than 5 minutes from about a bazillion restaurants (which came in handy the night Josh and I ordered take out after the kids were in bed).

Check-in was super easy- there was a key pad lock box on the doorjam to the house that held the key- you use the code to get the key out and just walk in- same with checkout. SO NICE not to have to go to the management company office after driving for 10 hours.

One more bonus- One of the Windsor hills playgrounds was three houses away (and no one was EVER there) and the other one was a block away (it was a cool castle themed one so it was little busier, but not bad at all)

We pulled in about 6:00pm. This is not long after we arrived and Josh was unloading the van.
The kids made themselves at home VERY quickly. Gracie was already in her pjs before we finished carrying everything in. Jack and Gracen slept in this room.

Cons: The ONLY possible cons were (and believe me- I'm stretching when I try to even THINK of a con!):
1. The landscaping was suffering a little (but it is January and my yard at home is terrible- so I don't really care)
2. It took us 15 minutes or so to really figure out the hot tub. So better directions on that.

No comments: