When heading onto the Disney properties you have to go through this entrance. I was giddy at this point.
It was the weekend of the Disney 1/2 and full marathons. I wanted to run.....maybe someday.
We were heading into.......Magic Kingdom. The beautiful castle, the teacups, Dumbo, It's a Small World.......
The very first ride we went on was Dumbo. Gracen looked up at me and said 'This is SO magical!" I might or might not have teared up at that point (yes, I'm admitting this on my blog) I was so excited to be on vacation with my little family. We went on 5 rides in an hours time. No waits, nothing! Perfect. Most rides sat 2-3 people in each 'car' so we usually sat Morgan & Raelyn together, Josh and Jack together, Gracen and I together and then Everett went with either Josh or me. Our whole family could go on so many rides all together.
While Josh, Morgan and Raelyn went on Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad (this was the girls second time- I took them the first time) the little ones and I found this cute little play area.

On our way to lunch we happened to run into Prince Eric and Ariel. Gracen's face lit right up! She was a little shy though. Jack didn't want to be in these pictures because he was afraid everyone would think he liked princesses. AND he asked Ariel not to sign his book- only Prince Eric. I had to talk to him about being nice.....
I had made ADRs (advanced dining reservations) back in the summer to eat lunch at Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends. After arriving there we waited about 5 minutes before getting seated.
Crystal Palace is an all you can eat buffet- it was actually pretty good and had TONS of food.
After lunch we rode even more rides and watched 2 parades. I tried to talk the kids out of wanting to ride the merry-go-round. We could do that anywhere, but no luck.


Ev and I hung out while everyone else did Goofy's Barnstormer roller coaster.
I had 'If I'm lost call.....(then insert Josh's number)' bracelets for each of the kids (the lime green bracelets you'll see in most pictures) along with lime green if I'm lost tags that I safety pinned on their belt loops each day.
OK, now for the embarrassing Cortney story. Like I said in the last post- we bought our tickets from a 3rd party dealer. Well, you need your tickets for entry (you only get one ticket for your whole trip) but you also need them to get fastpasses. So....you have to be very careful. After getting fastpasses somewhere (can't remember where) I couldn't find the tickets. I was FREAKING out. I looked and looked and looked. Finally I had no choice but to go to customer service. They pretty much said that since I bought them from a third party they couldn't help me out unless I could get that third party on the phone and get the ticket numbers from them. Unfortunately, it was Sunday and the place I purchased them from wasn't open until Monday morning. We had breakfast reservations Monday morning so we really needed tickets THEN! I ended up buying everyone one day tickets and praying we'd find the other tickets. (The first day is the most expensive when buying Disney tickets)
Long story short- I spent SOO Much $$ on one day tickets (to use the next day) and when we got home that evening Josh found my 'lost' tickets. Luckily while in Epcot the next day they refunded me the $$ so I wasn't out any more. Josh didn't let me forget this the whole trip and kept joking with me that I probably shouldn't carry the tickets- I might lose them.
What's a trip without a hiccup?
No comments:
Post a Comment