Research examining home-schooled students’ academic achievements have
consistently found that they score higher than the national norms on standard
achievement tests. So the only grenade left to throw at home-schooling
parents is that they are hurting their children socially and emotionally.The rest of the article can be found at Dr.Laura's blog.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Socialization a problem? Not in our house......
Ok, the number one argument I get against homeschooling after the 'How can you spend that much time with your kids?' one is 'How will your kids ever be socialized?' I know my kids won't have a problem (I mean- are they not socializing when we're at homeschool outings, playing with friends, at Girl Scouts, at Piano Lessons, at the library, etc?!) They're actually able to socialize with a greater variety of people from more backgrounds and age groups than most kids who are in school all day. So really, I know they're doing ok, but once in a while it's nice to have reassurance- a mom on a local homeschool e-mail group posted this article from Dr. Laura (and as my disclaimer- I've never read anything from Dr. Laura before)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The real danger is that you aren't a union member and yet you are teaching. You could be teaching something unauthorized, like evolution! *gasp* ;)
Post a Comment