We had our first outing today and I survived (as did the children!) A little homeschool group we occasionally participate with (children all around Morgan's age) started doing storytime once a month at the new local library. I thought the library would be the best place for our first outing- it has heavy doors (no kids running out!), we know the librarians and our homeschool friends that would be there and it's close to home. So..........after threatening the kids with the fact we'd leave if there was ANY misbehavior, off we went. I strapped Gracie on in the sling, had Morgan hold Raelyn's hand, tried to hold Jack's hand and then made Morgan hold both of the middles hands. It went well- Gracen slept all but 5 minutes and the bigger two girls enjoyed the storytime about Spring and made a few springtime crafts at the end. Jack 'read' a stack of Sports Illustrated for Kids magazines during the storytime and the only time he had a problem was when I wouldn't let him check out Mission Impossible the DVD (I know, I'm such a mean mom.....) That boy is drawn to anything with fire on it, guns, balls, etc. Anyways- we were all ready for a nap by the time we got home. :)
And since I'm such a picture slacker- here are a few poor quality photos for you all (y'all). :)
Here is how Gracen spends much of her day:

And just to prove that I DO school my children- here are the girls this morning- Morgan is doing a review sheet for math and Raelyn is working with the balance and the teddy bear counters. At this point this morning I think Jack was throwing a basketball around the house and then running after it just to throw it again. I don't know how you moms of more than one boy survive without re-doing the sheetrock and painting the walls every year. He is like a tornado in this house (a sweet tornado, but a tornado nonetheless)

Oh yes- thank you for all the well wishes with the breast infection. I'm 100% better!!! Yippee! No fever, no pain, no nothing. I would never wish that on anyone!
I'm trying to write up my birth story- I need to confirm a few exact times when I look at my charts next time I work, but be on the lookout for the typed out version soon! :)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you are all better! And good for you for getting out with your entire pack! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be homeschool, feel free to shoot me some ideas!
Yay Cortney! Glad you survived the first outing. I panic taking 2 out by myself. You're a brave woman! :)
Melissa
You are amazing. Check out my blog at staciegifford.blogspot.com. This whole blog thing is so much fun!!
Post a Comment