Thursday, March 13, 2008

73 degrees

Yes, it's 73 degrees outside right now!!!! Because of the great weather today the kids and I packed a lunch and went over to my mom's to ride bikes and eat a picnic. Gracen even enjoyed the outing- she slept the entire time.

Yesterday we had to do some exchanges at the mall. Jack has been wearing Robeez soft-shoes his entire 18 1/2 months of life. He's about to outgrow the 12-18month size so I thought I'd try him in some big-boy shoes. He wanted nothing to do with them at the store. Screamed and threw a fit- wouldn't even allow anyone to put a shoe on him (he kept curling up his toes) except ONE too-big shoe that was on display. We were about to leave the store when Josh arrived (he had been looking at a different store while we shopped) and told me to to just get the pair in his size and bring it home. So I did. The plan (from Josh's mind) was to put the shoes on him and let him throw a big fit- kicking and screaming until he got used to the idea. It didn't even have to go that far. All Josh had to do was tell Jack that his shoes were "Just like Daddy's" and Jack willingly put them on. Then wore them for his nap yesterday, slept with them last night and put them on as soon as he woke up this morning. Everytime anyone mentions shoes Jack says "Da- Shoes" and points to his shoes. Here is a stock photo of the shoes- I'll try to get one of them on his feet later: http://www.striderite.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1458&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=222&iSubCat=249&iProductID=1458&sColor=270

Aren't those adorable? He looks like such a big boy in them. :( I'm feeling mixed emotions about that. I am, however, excited about getting him a little pair of Keen sandals. I think those are adorable.

The birth story is about half done- I've had a lot of 'interruptions'. I had another birth to attend on Sunday and a full week so I'll try to finish tonight.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those are soooo cute. If I ever put Noah in shoes, he might just have to have a pair. :) Speaking of shoes, I have some girly Robeez I need to bring over!