Monday, February 23, 2009

I guess I have to give away all my secrets......

I've gotten several e-mails and a few blog comments about Gracie's cake, so here goes....... I am not a cake baker nor do I decorate cakes well. I always look for the easy way out.
A couple years ago I found this cake pan (it's by Wilton) and loved it- my mom got it for me for Christmas, Birthday or something like that. All you do is bake it in two seperate pieces and then with a little icing 'stick' them together. I iced the top with strawberry frosting and left the bottom au natural. I also put some of those large round 'sprinkles' on the top and got a larger-than-normal birthday candle. If I can do it- you can too.
This is what the cake pan looks like (you have to bake the stinkin' thing for almost an hour though-so it gets done in the middle. Here is a link to where to buy.

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

that's a cool looking cake pan. Part of being good is having the right equipment.

shelley said...

congrats on the pregnancy!! how do you homeschool your older ones, entertain your little ones, and still keep it together while you feel prego awful? you are seriously amazing. i'm so glad women like you are having lots of kids. those spirits need to go to homes like yours.