Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random bits

I've been such a slacker about my blog (and believe it or not have had several e-mails reminding me to update!) I *DID* update my current reading list (on the right).
*Morgan got her first 'real' haircut this week. She had a tons of inches cut off as well as long layers put in. We will be starting our official school work after Labor Day so Morgan has taken advantage of the break to read- a ton. Sometimes BOOKS a day. A girl after my own heart.
*Jack rides Raelyn's bike every chance he gets. Poor Rae has been kicked off her own bike- luckily she doesn't mind too much. He'll ask to go ride in the garage if it's too early for us to go outside. Let's just say he'll be excited about his birthday present in a few weeks. He wants a 'captain' cake- which means pirate- like Captain Hook. Does it count if I just buy cheap plastic toys and stick them on top of a sheet cake?
*Gracen is still a handful- very expressive and never stops- literally. She is talking like crazy and her signs are also increasing. She asks to watch Signing Time by signing 'Leah' which is the girl from the movies. It's the only TV she is allowed to watch, but it's very cute to see her watch it. She has moved into her own bed in the girl's room (a little toddler bed that we borrowed from a friend) and I can just lay her down for naps and bedtime and she falls asleep on her own! What a blessing! She also has become quite confident when swimming in the pool as long as she has her floaties on.
*No new pictures of Raelyn (in addition to being a blog slacker this summer, I've also been a camera slacker) Raelyn has improved her swimming a ton this summer- that's what all those lazy 5-6 hours at the pool at a time will do. :) She's quite the drama queen- last night I served a squash and zuchinni casserole (yum!) and before even taking a bite, declared it the most disgusting thing she'd ever seen. So.......since she sassed it before even trying I made her eat it (instead of letting her choose a different raw veggie from the fridge) So she proceeded to gag herself and make herself throw up all over the place- on purpose. Most of the time she's very sweet though- and is super excited about her new little brother coming!
*Baby #5 (still yet to be named) is a little over a week from his due date. I'm not holding out too much hope he'll be here then either, but it's still nice to know that it's so close! I'm not expecting him to be a super-sized baby, but depending on how long he bakes he might be......
*I still have a to-do list as long as my arm (and I keep adding things to it everyday!) but I guess that's good to keep me busy. First order of business is my camera- I need to figure out the whole blurry thing- sometimes my pictures have that grainy look and sometimes they don't? I try to not to use the flash, but to use natural light. I need a personal photography lesson, any takers??? This is the camera we use: Canon Powershot S3 IS




3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww! Morgan looks so pretty (and old!)! Tell her I love her new haircut!

Liisa said...

Great to see that you are doing well. I was getting ready to call and find out how you were doing. I'm sure you've had a great summer. Good luck with the arrival of #5! Hopefully he'll be as pleasant and easy-going as our #5!

thehiattfamily said...

Thanks for the update! It seems that at times, it is the only contact I have with people. Your family is beautiful and you are amazing. I hope I get to catch up with you sometime soon. Good Luck with the new baby. I want to hear all about the birth.
-Emily