Sunday, June 1, 2008

We're baaaaaaack!

I was planning on heading to VA beach for an LDS Homeschool Conference by myself. After some discussion Josh and I decided that he would come with me and we'd make it a little more of a trip. We went from Wednesday until Saturday and mom watched the other three kiddos (Gracie went with us!)!

Here is the view from our room:
We left early on Wednesday and took our time driving up there. We checked into the hotel and then went out to an (expensive!) seafood buffet. I'm not a big seafood eater so I tried crab legs for my first (!!!) time. Not a big fan- they're too much work for what you get. I'll stick to my crab cakes. Thursday was the first day of the conference. Josh golfed in the morning at a golf course called Hell's Point and I attended the conference. (www.ldsehe.org) Friday we both attended the conference and then went out for a nice dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse (yum!) Saturday we headed home and had a fine trip home except for the LONNNNNNNNG delay on I-85. Stand still traffic. Ick! All in all we had a wonderful time!

Gracie's first look at the ocean:

Mommy and Gracie:

Josh and Gracen:

I was pretty bored on the drive:

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds like a nice get-a-way. We've got one of those planned in a few months.

Did you get to go to the NC conference? Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year.

Taylor said...

i love gracie!!! and you. and josh?