Friday, April 27, 2007
The moral of this story is......
Ok, so I took the kids over to my mom's new house yesterday to go swimming. Got them in their suits, slathered them with sunscreen and then put on my suit (the first new suit I've purchased in nearly four years). So about halfway through the very cold swimming experience my mom comments that my back is looking a little red. Ok, so let's go back a little- I'm pale, not just semi-pale, not that pretty pale that tans easily, but PALE and......I burn. I burn if I'm out at the park for an hour and don't wear SPF 65. Ok, so back to the 'little red' back. I ask my sister to put some sunscreen on it- she did- then I went on with my swimming/wading. Fast forward to last night- oh my goodness! I'm crispier than a burnt french fry at Burger King. My back is killing me- just wearing a shirt hurts and I couldn't sleep last night. Not only am I red, I'm so red I'm nearly purple. Ah....well I guess I had to get my obligatory burn for 2007 out of the way in the beginning of the summer. So the moral of this story- don't forget the sunscreen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment